Corrugated boxes are ideal packaging solutions for a variety of situations. These boxes consist of paperboard layers that have rows of air that are designed to protect against vibrations, jerks, and shocks. While there are numerous benefits associated with using this type of box for the packaging needs of a business, there are also some shortcomings. By better understanding these pros and cons, you can make an informed decision about whether or not these boxes are right for your business.
Advantages offered by a Corrugated Box
There are numerous advantages associated with corrugated boxes, and better understanding them can help you to determine if they are a good solution for your packing needs:
- Stock boxes are light weight, and this makes them extremely convenient to package, load, and unload.
- Corrugated boxes are entirely recyclable, and this makes the environmentally friendly.
- These boxes can be found in any size, shape, color, or design. They can be created based on the specific customer requirements, which is especially helpful because business needs are often very diverse.
- A corrugated box will have tear resistant qualities, and this is helpful in keeping the packaging intact and will protect your products from being exposed to the elements.
- The materials needed to create corrugated boxes are inexpensive, and that leads to boxes that are highly affordable when they are compared to alternatives that are on the market.
- Corrugated boxes have higher capabilities for graphics and printing, and this makes them effective when it comes to marketing, branding, and promotional purposes. Many companies use these boxes to print their company name and logo.
- The availability of these boxes is widespread, so they can be found in almost any region of the world to support international business.
Disadvantages of Corrugated Boxes
Despite the vast variety of benefits associated with corrugated boxes, some setbacks have been identified:
- These boxes may become deformed if they are exposed to extreme pressure or when stacked.
- Corrugated cardboard is not the best option for weatherproofing. Water and other types of liquid can saturate these products, and it may also seep into a box and damage the contents.
- Corrugated boxes are not always a good option for the packing of heavy items. This is because their endurance to mechanical stresses is relatively low.
If you need more information about our corrugated boxes and how they can help your business, contact us at Instabox today.